1st Floor, City Hall
201 E 5th St.
Gillette, WY 82716
Phone (307) 686-5210
Fax (307) 686-4081
Send an E-mail
The City Clerk's Office consists of two staff members. The City Clerk prepares and controls the budget, manages personnel, and plans for the Clerk's Division.
The Clerk's Office records the proceedings of the City Council and maintains custody of all minutes, ordinances, and resolutions of the governing body. The Clerk maintains the Records Retention Program of the City of Gillette & scans these documents for public access.
To acquire information from Public Records, please fill out and return the following form to the City Clerk's Office - Public Records Request [PDF].
The City Clerk's Office issues licenses and permits for the following:
- 3rd Street Plaza Street Closure Application [PDF]
- Carnivals [PDF]
- City of Gillette Fee Schedule [PDF]
- Parades [PDF]
- Street closures [PDF]
- Malt beverage [PDF]
- Catering [PDF]
- Open container [PDF]
- Structure moving [PDF]
- Business License Application Public Transportation [PDF]
- Itinerant merchants [PDF]
- Non-Profit Itinerant merchants [PDF]
- Nomination of Clerk as agent to acknowledge [PDF]
- Liquor License Information [PDF]
- Liquor License Operation Plan [PDF]
- Liquor License Application [PDF]
- Liquor License check list [PDF]
The City Clerk authorizes and renews the senior citizen/disability utility rate and organizes the annual city auction. Election information is available and residents may register to vote in the Clerk's Office, except 30 days prior to the Primary Election, when residents may still register at the County Clerk's Office.
The City Clerk is also responsible for miscellaneous accounts receivable and cash receipts for the City of Gillette.
City voting ward [PDF] using the City Online Map.