SU Page Banner



Western Waste Solutions will be providing curbside recycling service to any City of Gillette residential utility customer that wishes to participate. Customers must sign up to participate in the service. The fee for Curbside Recycling is $6 per month. The service will run every month of the year. Contact Customer Service at 686-5206 to sign up.


Curbside Recycling:

Please place the following items in blue or clear bags.
Aluminum: Beverage cans, food cans, aluminum bottles, hairspray cans, shave cream cans, and spray starch cans.
Vegetable cans, soup cans, food cans, coffee cans, empty paint cans, and empty aerosol cans.
milk jugs, detergent jugs, soda bottles, water bottles, hair care bottles, food containers, items with a recycle triangle on the bottom.
beverage bottles, jars. Please Remove Lid
Corrugated Cardboard: Flattened and placed under bags  

Please DO NOT place these items in bags:
Styrofoam, plastic grocery bags, food wrap, automobile oil, plastic toys, aluminum foil, packing peanuts, Pyrex, pool chemical containers, shiny cardboard, paperboard, cereal boxes, drinking glasses, light bulbs, ceramics, window glass, mirrors, PVC, scrap metal, toasters, pots, coat hangers, service pans, pie tins & roasting pans.

No Garbage Please. 

No paper of any kind in the bags.

Citizens not participating can use
Campbell County's Drop-Off Recycling Program (CARE)

You can also recycle by using the Campbell County Amalgamated Recycling Enterprise (CARE) Center located at 909 Westover Road in Gillette.
It is important to note that CARE recycling program is “source separated,” where you will need to separate each of your items.  The CARE Center has collection containers clearly marked as to what item goes into which compartment. 

The items accepted at the CARE Center are the following:

1. Newspaper
2. Mixed paper (for example: junk mail, catalogs, magazines, and phone books)
3. White office/copy paper (no shreds)
4. Corrugated cardboard boxes
5. Plastics #1 (water, soft drink, and sport drink bottles)
6. Plastics #2 (milk and water jugs)
7. Plastic #2 (colored detergent bottles)
8. Aluminum cans
9. Tin and steel cans

Remember: Each of these items (or group of items) will have their own identified container at the CARE Center. See contact information below for recycling.

County Amalgamated Recycling Enterprise (CARE)
Julie Ruff, Recycling Manager
Work Cell #: 680-6185
Open M-F (7:30 AM - 4:00 PM); Saturday (11:00 AM – 4:30 PM)
Must check in at main office first before going to CARE building
Landfill Phone #: 682-9499