- October 24th - City Planning Commission Meeting to consider Annexation Plat for Antelope Valley and Crestview Estates Annexation
- November 7th - City Council Meeting - Public Hearing and 1st Reading of Annexation Ordinance.
- November 21st - City Council Meeting - 2nd Reading of Annexation Ordinance.
- December 5th - City Council Meeting - 3rd Reading of Annexation Ordinance.
- December 13th - Publication of adopted Annexation Ordinance.
All meetings will be held in the Gillette City Council Chambers (201 E. 5th St.) at 7:00 p.m.
Maps of Proposed Annexation Area
Determine if you are in the Proposed Area of Annexation
Formal Boundary Map of Proposed Area of Annexation
Annexation Boundary Map with Zoning Classifications
Annexation Plat for Proposed Area of Annexation
- The City has received annexation petitions from 70% of the landowners owning 92% of the land area within the overall annexation boundary.
- Fiscally responsible option given the tax implications.
- By only annexing Antelope Valley, City will not realize net benefit until 2022/23.
- By annexing both subdivisions, City will realize net benefit in 2018/19.
- Each subdivision can keep its own water system at their expense.
- Electricity will continue to be provided by PRECorp for at least 5 years.
- Each subdivision will retain their current sanitary sewer service arrangement. Crestview will retain their own sewer system at their expense.
- Solid Waste (Trash) - $17.65/month (and for each additional rollout).
Tax Impact and Benefits
- Property Tax Impact - there will be an increase in the assessment of each home by an additional 8 mills. This is approximately $76.00 for each $100,000 of estimated market value as determined by the Campbell County Assessor.
- The City will be providing services such as street maintenance, repairs, street lights, street signs, sidewalk maintenance and similar responsibilities. These services will no longer be provided by the home owners association.
- The police are adding 4 officers to the force.
- A southern satellite office is now open for improved response to south Gillette.
- Existing development will not be required to have paved driveways or sidewalks. Any new development, construction or remodeling will need to follow current city code.
- Adding one streets operator to assist with additional lane miles for street maintenance and snow removal.
Below are brochures with information that were mailed to property owners in the annexation area in late 2016/early 2017.
Antelope Valley Annexation Brochure [PDF]
Crestview Estates Annexation Brochure [PDF]
Upon annexation, residents will be covered by the various Building and Zoning Codes and other Ordinances adopted by the City. Legal, non-conforming uses, and structures may remain after annexation. All construction activities, including expansion of existing structures, commenced after annexation will be subject to the City Building Codes and Ordinances in effect at the time of application for a permit. Other Ordinances concerning unlicensed vehicles, junk, tall grass & weeds, and general nuisances will be enforced.
Local subdivision covenants will still be enforced by local HOA's, not by City of Gillette Code Compliance.
Links to Covenants
Antelope Valley I&SD website
Crestview I&SD website
Antelope Valley Business Park
Antelope Valley Phase 2
Crestview Estates Amendment to Covenants
Crestview Estates Resubdivision Lots 3, 4, 6, 7, Block 10
C-1 General Commercial Zoning District
C-P Planned Neighborhood Business District
I-1 Light Industrial Zoning District
R-1 Single Family Residential Zoning District
R-2 Single & Two Family Residential Zoning District
R-4 Multi-Family Residential Zoning District
R-R Rural Residential Zoning District