The Gillette Police Department Community Service Officers would like to inform our community of common parking violations which occur throughout the city.
- Parking more than 18 inches from the curb.
- Parking left wheels to the curb.
- Parking closer than 15 feet from a fire hydrant.
- Parking trailers on the street from May 1st to Labor Day for more than 72 hours.
- Parking trailers on the street from Labor Day to May 1st for more than 24 hours.
- Parking a vehicle on the street which is not operable or properly licensed, which includes registration.
- Parking Industrial equipment, farm machinery, Semi trucks and trailers on the street.
- Parking in fire lanes.
- Parking in handicapped zones (unless you have a valid handicapped sticker or placard).
- Blocking Driveways.
- Blocking to obstruct the emptying of dumpsters and roll-out garbage’s.
- Please do not place tree branches on the outside of the dumpsters.
- Parking within 20 Feet of an intersection.
- Disobeying posted signs.
- Parking in “Permit Only” zones.
- Do not exceed the allotted time for downtown parking.
- When parking in the alley, you must allow at least 10 Feet clearance for traffic.
- For us living on an Emergency Snow Route, please make sure vehicles are not parked on the street when a snow emergency is declared.
- Avoid parking on the downtown streets when a parade is planned.
- Only parallel parking in cul-de-sacs. Solid Waste trucks must have access to the roll-out garbage.
If you have any questions or concerns on parking or other community related matters, please contact our Community Service Officers at the Gillette Police Department: (307) 682-5155.