The City of Gillette is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If you would like to apply for a job opening, please select from the positions indicated below and complete the City of Gillette Application for Employment for that position on or before the closing date.
The City of Gillette does not accept applications for positions that are not posted nor will they be considered. All applications for employment are accepted for advertised vacant positions only and must be received by the closing date. No applications will be accepted or considered after 5:00 pm on the closing date of a position.
Applications are not used again for any other position; you must submit a separate application for each job opening. If interested in multiple positions, you must submit one application per position.
Each applicant shall complete and sign an application form prior to being considered for any position. Resumes may supplement, but not replace, the City of Gillette’s official application form.
The City of Gillette’s recruiting practices shall be conducted solely on the basis of ability, merit, qualifications and competence, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other characteristic protected by state or local law.
Any employee who has been found to have submitted false or misleading information on their application form or resume is subject to immediate termination.
Notice: The City of Gillette conducts a post offer, pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check for all positions.
Click here to sign up for notifications of current
employment opportunities with the City of Gillette.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$68,432.46 to $102,648.69/YR
- Posted Date:05/16/2019 10:45 AM
- Deadline to Apply:06/14/2019 5:00 PM
This position monitors and maintains information security, privacy policies, and programs designed to provide protection and confidentiality of city information technology infrastructure and any data generated, stored, and transmitted electronically.
- Assists in the development, maintenance and implementation of policies and procedures related to cybersecurity for the organization.
- Performs and/or coordinates internal and external vulnerability and penetration testing.
- Assists in the development, maintenance and implementation of incident response and business continuity plans.
- Oversees end-user education on appropriate cyber hygiene through organization-wide security awareness training and other security education campaigns.
- Oversees the installation and configuration of network security hardware.
- Oversees the installation and configuration of all security and endpoint protection software.
- Audits the configuration of systems and network devices to ensure adherence to security best practices.
- Assists in the reporting of cyber security related incidents.
- Performs the gathering of forensics evidence after a cyber incident or other incident as directed by the IT Manager.
- Performs compliance testing as required by PCI, CJIS, HIPAA and/or other regulating authorities.
- Monitors various equipment logs and network traffic to identify suspicious activity and then performs corrective action.
- Acts as a cybersecurity and data confidentiality resource for all city staff.
- Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Knowledge of city and department policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity principles and practices.
- Knowledge of Windows, Linux, Apple, Android operating systems.
- Knowledge of networking and network design.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory.
- Knowledge of SQL databases.
- Knowledge of hosted application administration such as Office 365 and Google G-Suite.
- Knowledge of Cisco, HP, Ubiquiti and Motorola hardware.
- Knowledge of NIST, CIS and other technology security best practices.
- Skill in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Skill in working within deadlines to complete projects and assignments.
- Skill in assessing, analyzing, identifying and implementing solutions to complex security problems.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software and operating systems/applications.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations.
The Information Technology Manager assigns work in terms of department goals and objectives.
The supervisor reviews work through conferences, reports, and observation of department activities.
Guidelines include industry best practices; manufacturer installation, operations, and repair manuals; security policies and best practices, and department and city policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection, and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
- The work consists of varied technical duties. Frequently changing security threats contribute to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to manage cybersecurity for city information systems. Success in this position contributes to the security of city data.
- Contacts are typically with coworkers, other city employees, vendors, contractors, and the general public.
- Contacts are typically to exchange information, resolve problems, and provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table. The employee occasionally lifts light objects.
- The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
This position may have functional supervision over less-experienced personnel.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the work of subordinate positions to be able to answer questions and resolve problems, usually associated with three to five years’ experience or service.
HOW TO APPLY:
Click here to complete the required City of Gillette IT application, which is available on the City website at www.gillettewy.gov/employ or contact Human Resources at 201 E 5th St, Gillette, WY 82716.
Application Deadline: Friday, June 14, 2019 at 5:00 pm
Pre-Employment Drug Screening Conducted. Equal Opportunity Employer