City of Gillette Earns 2019 Governor's Safety Award
The City was recognized with the Path to Safety Excellence - Large Employer award.
The City of Gillette has earned a 2019 Governor's Safety Award. The City was recognized with the Path to Safety Excellence - Large Employer award in the Workers' Compensation Awards category at the 2019 Safety & Workforce Summit held in Cheyenne.
The City was recognized for a significant reductions in the following areas:
- Workers' Compensation Costs
- Since 2013, the City reduced those costs from $314,514 to just $7,303 in 2018.
- OSHA Recordable Injuries
- Since 2013, the City reduced OSHA Recordable Injuries from an average of 12 per year to an average of 9 per year.
- Partnership with Workers' Compensation Safety & Risk Division
- Since 2016, WCS&R inspects all City facilities annually to assist in identifying OSHA violations. Violations are corrected as soon as possible, oftentimes at the time the violation is identified.
- This has resulted in a decrease in overall violations from year-to-year.
- Monthly inspections by all City divisions to identify potential violations and potential hazards.
- Weekly Incident Review meetings to identify ways to prevent future incidents.
- Incident Rate at the City of Gillette is 37% below the National Average.
For more information, contact Communications Manager Geno Palazzari at (307) 686-5393.