The City of Gillette Building Inspection Division issues many types of permits to our community. Some permits require extra time for review, while other permits are considered over-the-counter- permits. Following is a list of basic over-the-counter permits.
- Fence Permit
- Electrical Permit for a Mobile Home Hookup
- Electrical Permit (example: small remodel)
- Electrical Permit (example: service upgrade)
- Deck Permit
- Mechanical Permit (example: A/C and/or Furnace replacement)
- Plumbing Permit (example: replacing building sewer or water service)
- Plumbing Permit (example: (basic remodel)
- Roof Permit
- Siding Permit
- Basement Permit (remodel or finish)
Please note the above list is only a reference; each permit is looked at and issued on an individual basis. The nature of the project will determine the length of time it will take to acquire the permit.
Many of the above permits require individual documents to be submitted to the Building Inspection Division and/or the Planning Division. If you are not sure what is required for each permit, please contact the Building Division at (307) 686-5260 or the Planning Division at (307) 686-5281.