Traffic Safety provides a broad range of activities associated with traffic signs, signals, pavement markings, and traffic studies to improve and help maintain a safe transportation network within the City of Gillette. The division is responsible for:
- fabrication, installation, maintenance, and inventory of all the regulatory, warning and informational traffic signing in the city
- the operation, maintenance, and inspection of all traffic signals within the city
- maintenance, upkeep, and contract administration of the pavement markings and street striping in the city
- review of signing, signals, and pavement markings for public and development projects
- routine traffic studies as required by the City Engineer
Requests for a traffic signal, sign, or crosswalk should be made to the City Engineer.
We may then decide to do a traffic study to see whether it is warranted. To let us know of a request, e-mail us.
Traffic counts for the City of Gillette are done every three years by the Wyoming Department of Transportation. Click on the link below to view the most recent counts: