The City of Gillette’s Public Works Department organizes an annual Drive and Drop Community Clean-Up for all residential properties within Gillette city limits and to private mobile home parks that are served by the City of Gillette Solid Waste Division. Exact dates will be advertised in the newspaper, radio stations, City website, the City’s Facebook and Twitter pages or you can call the Streets Division at 686-5278.
It will be held over three Saturdays at the same three locations from 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. There will be three containers at each site: Trash, Metal, and Demolition Material. City crews will be on hand to assist citizens to dispose of items in the proper receptacles. City crews will be on hand to assist citizens to dispose of items in the proper receptacles.
Reminder: City ordinance 9-2 requires that all loads of refuse being transported in the city need to be tied, secured, and covered to ensure that not refuse can be strewn upon the ground.
Map of Locations
April 20th, 27th and May 4th: 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Sage Valley Junior High - 1000 West Lakeway Road
City West - 611 N. Exchange Avenue
Dalbey Park - Little League Field Parking Lot
This service is not provided to commercial businesses and City crews will not accept building/construction debris.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMMUNITY DRIVE AND DROP:
- Bring items to one of the Drive and Drop locations between 8:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
- Bring Yard Waste to the Yard Waste Facility at 3101 S. Garner Lake Rd.
- Place items in one of three containers:
- Container 1: Metal (dishwashers, stoves, barbecue grills, *lawnmowers, metal bed frames, bicycles, steel pipe, etc.)(*Note: Oil and gas must be drained from lawnmowers.)
- Container 2: Large materials: lumber, large wood items, dressers, bookshelves, wood bed frames, wood desks, clean wood fence posts, etc.
- Container 3: Bagged and bundled garbage (paper, plastics, clothing, couches, carpet, plastic swimming pools, etc.)
- Do not bring items to Drive and Drop sites before 8:00 a.m. or after 3:30 p.m.
- Do not bring Yard Waste to Drive and Drop sites.
- Do not bring items on the prohibited list below.
The City WILL NOT accept:
- Hot tubs
- Decks, Sheds, Structures of any sort
- Paints or paint cans (unless the paint is dry)
- Auto parts
- Gasoline or Motor oil
- Cooking oil
- Fuel containers
- Propane bottles
- 55 gal. drums
- Hazardous materials
- Debris from commercial businesses
- Railroad Ties
- Refrigerators, Freezers, or anything with coolant
- Water softeners
- Yard Waste
For more information, please contact the City of Gillette Streets Division at (307) 686-5278.