WW Page Banner

What to do if your sewer backs up

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

If your sewer backs up, call the Wastewater Treatment Plant at (307) 686-5274 between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. After hours and on weekends and holidays, call the Gillette Police Department at (307) 682-5155, and the "on-call" employee will respond. Wastewater staff will check the City sewer main to determine if the main is the cause of the backup.

If the Wastewater staff determine that the City sewer main is not causing the backup, you should call a plumber or sewer drain cleaning company to remove the blockage in your service line.